Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I Love My Reusable Grocery Bag!!

The other day at the grocery store, they asked me if I wanted plastic bags for my groceries.  Now, I haven't heard that question in a LONG time!  So I asked what my other options were.  He said paper, or the reusable bags made of cloth on sale for only 99 cents.  I had been wanting to try those, so I did.  While helping me try to decide on how many bags to get,  the clerk told me that one of the cloth bags would hold what six plastic bags would!  Now I was a little skeptical about that, but was amazed when he fit $140.00 worth of groceries into two bags!!  Now I can just keep them in my car, and they'll be there for my next trip to the store.  If everyone used reusable bags instead of plastic, just think how that could help our environment!

2 comments:

Monica said...

I never realized you could fit so much into those bags. I have been wanting to try them too. I think I'll go for it the next time I grocery shop!

Rebecca said...

Reusable bags are awesome! It drives me nuts when I forget to take mine to the store. I have 6 of them and a few "cold" bags. I try to separate all of my groceries and have the bagger put all of my cold stuff in their own bags. This way when I get home I can be sure to get the boys out of the car and the cold stuff. If they are restless I can always leave the other groceries for later. The best part is no more stacks of plastic bags in my pantry!